Thursday, April 09, 2009

More information on dig at Fort Anderson


For those of you who want to keep up with the dig at Fort Anderson you can check a couple of sources. The first is from WECT TV6 – this post even includes a video. You can find it here.

There was also a small blurb on the web site of WWAT TV3, which you can see here

There is also a small article in the online Star News, which you can find here.

I would personally love to go down and visit the site while the excavation is going on. Maybe even be one of their volunteers, if they would let your humble scribe man a trowel. But alas, Fort Anderson is about seven hours from my house. If you have not visited Fort Anderson and the ruins of Brunswick Town, let me encourage you to go. It has probably been about five years since I was there, but the earthworks are the most impressive that I have ever seen.

No comments: