Monday, October 20, 2008

Well folks, I spent the past week trying to get two different manuscripts proofed. Neither of these books are Civil War related. The first is a short history of families of the sheriffs/jailers who lived in the Avery County jail. I’ve co-wrote this book with a fellow board member of the Avery County Historical Society: Mrs. Jimmie Daniels. Jimmie is one of those special people who lived in the jail while her dad was a deputy/jailer. This is a short book, about 55 pages, and it is my first attempt at self-publishing. I’ve written eight other books, but yes, this is my first attempt at publishing something myself. This book should be available in a couple of weeks.

The second book is my fourth with Arcadia Publishing in South Carolina. It is a photographic history of Mitchell County. This book is set to be released in February 2009.

So it is time to get back to the history of the 58th NCT.

Tonight, I’ll be signing books in Brevard, NC, and on Thursday, I’ll be in Asheville.

I have some great topics to blog about in the coming days, I just need to get these two projects off my desk.

No comments: