Tuesday, September 02, 2008

September

Folks: I thought I would share a few things going on in September.

There will be a Avery County and Civil War round table discussion tonight (September 2) at the Avery Morrison Public Library in Newland. Everyone is invited to attend. We are planning to start at 6:30 pm.

There will be a Mitchell County and the Civil War round table discussion on Tuesday, September 23, at the Bakersville Public Library. I believe that one also starts at 6:30 pm. As with the Avery program, this event is free, open to the public, and everyone is invited.

I am scheduled to be set up on the Writers Row at the Antique Fair in Charlotte this weekend. We'll see how the weather (Hurricane Hanna) plays out.

On September 13, we are dedicating our Civil War Trail Markers here in Avery County. There will be living history encampments at both the Cranberry Site and the Banner House in Banner Elk. I'll be speaking at the Cranberry and Blalock sites.

On September 20, I'll be in Asheville speaking to the Old Buncombe Genealogical Society. I don't have the time yet. I'll be leaving there and headed to the Chickamauga reenactment in north Georgia.

September 25 will find me speaking at the SCV Camp in Mt. Airy. The topic will be based upon my book, Remembering North Carolina's Confederates

On September 27, I'll be participating in the Old Timey Days in Burnsville, Yancey County, and on September 28, I'm heading down to the reenactment in Hendersonville.

And I did not think September looked all that busy...

Oh yeah, I forgot - I'll be on local radio, WECR 1130 am, this Thursday morning, talking about the war.

No comments: