Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Last night’s talk went really well. There was a gentleman in the audience who remembered the 1929 United Confederate Veterans reunion in Charlotte. He recalled seeing the boy scouts getting the old veterans on and off te street cars. That was really neat.

Not much time to post right now. I’ve played catch up all day. Now, I’ve got to get my stuff ready for the school program tomorrow morning. It’s been a while since I’ve done school programs. I need to be at Mitchell High School at 7:30 am - that’s a drag.

1 comment:

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Amazing how close we are to that tragic era in our history. My own father used to feed the horse of an old Confederate Veteran in Waynesboro in the late 30's and early 40's. And remember, there were veterans in the WBTS who would have been alive when Thomas Jefferson was still living!!

As you know, some even used muskets that their fathers and grandfathers had used to fight the British.