Tuesday, July 17, 2007


I started a new blog yesterday. It is called Glimpses of Avery County and is a place to show off some of my local photography.


Last night, at 11:57pm, I finished posting the names all 2,003 men who served in the 58th North Carolina Troops on genforum. This project has taken weeks - I’ve posted the names of the soldiers, along with where they were from, when they were born, and in what company they served. I did this with the book on the 37th North Carolina Troops I did several years ago, and I had really good results.


I have already had really good results this time around. I’ve acquired several good family stories, several unpublished photograph, and an unpublished diary from Caldwell County. So, it has already been worth the time that it is has taken me to get it done.


I’ve got a couple more local research trips before I can get back to seriouss writing. I’ve been trying to find a way to divide up chapter three, which covers January to July 1862. I think I am going to pull out the information on Vance’s Legion and make it a separate chapter and move the current chapter three to chapter four.


Well, time to go to work. If you sent me an email in the past week, I’m going to start trying to answer them today.

1 comment:

Don said...

Michael,

Do you have a more refined link? I couldn't find it.

Don