Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Civil War Trail Markers

The Civil War Trails signs meeting last Thursday went well. The money for two markers has been appropriated, and we put together a small committee to finalize which two markers we would like to erect.

I’ve been a fan of the Civil War Trail Markers program for some time, even though at times when traveling, those signs in Virginia with arrows get me terribly confused. I end up following those signs and get totally confused as to where I am. Thankfully, those confused days are usually free days, and I really don’t mind.

There are already markers in Wilkes, Caldwell, and Yancey Counties here in the western part of the state, and I look forward to Avery County joining the group.

Has anyone thought of making Stoneman’s Raid a tour?

No comments: